Jane Egerton-Idеhen Honoured as Adaejiagamba I of Umuwala as Community Celebrates Iri-Ji

Jane Egerton-Idеhen Honoured as Adaejiagamba I of Umuwala as Community Celebrates Iri-Ji

By Vivian Iwu 

***





NKWERRE, Imo State — The 2026 Iri-Ji Umuwala Festival has provided a colourful platform for the celebration of culture, leadership and achievement, as Engr. Mrs. Jane Egerton-Idеhen, Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of Nigerian Communications Satellite Limited (NIGCOMSAT), was honoured with the prestigious chieftaincy title Adaejiagamba I of Umuwala.


Representing Imo State Governor, Distinguished Senator Hope Uzodimma, at the festival, Deputy Governor Lady Chinyere Ekomaru conveyed the Governor's warm congratulations to the NIGCOMSAT chief executive and joined the people of Umuwala in celebrating what she described as a well-deserved recognition.


The honour places Egerton-Idеhen's professional accomplishments and leadership in the spotlight, particularly her contribution to Nigeria's communications and technology sector.


Ekomaru said the Governor was pleased to identify with the community on the occasion, commending the new Adaejiagamba I for her achievements and leadership while celebrating the cultural heritage that makes Iri-Ji an important institution in Igbo society.


Beyond the ceremony and the colourful festivities, the Deputy Governor used the occasion to underscore the importance of peace, unity and cultural preservation.


She urged the people of Umuwala to sustain the communal values that have continued to bind the community together, stressing that cultural festivals should not only celebrate harvest but also strengthen identity, solidarity and peaceful coexistence.


The 2026 Iri-Ji Umuwala Festival therefore combined the celebration of a successful harvest, recognition of an accomplished daughter and reaffirmation of community identity.


For Umuwala, the conferment of the Adaejiagamba I title on a leading figure in Nigeria's technology and communications space also offered a powerful message: that traditional institutions can celebrate excellence beyond the boundaries of the community while using culture to inspire a new generation.


As the new Adaejiagamba I steps into her traditional role, the celebration has placed her achievements alongside the enduring values of service, leadership, community and cultural pride.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inside the High Court Injunction That Halted Ezuruezu Mbaise & Vindicated Ndi Ezeji

Yoruba Political Agenda Imo State pays courtesy visit to APC State Working Committee

Clashes Over Security & Stool: Umuihuocha Eze-Elect Blows Hot Over "Parallel" Vigilante Move