APC Unveils 2027 House of Assembly Candidates as Agbasuonu Emerges Standard Bearer for Ezinihite
APC Unveils 2027 House of Assembly Candidates as Agbasuonu Emerges Standard Bearer for Ezinihite
The All Progressives Congress (APC) in Imo State has officially unveiled its candidates for the 2027 Imo State House of Assembly elections following the successful conduct of party primaries across the 27 state constituencies, confirming Hon. Dr. Henry Agbasuonu as the party’s standard bearer for Ezinihite Mbaise State Constituency.
The announcement followed the APC primary election exercise monitored across the 12 wards of Ezinihite Mbaise by members of the Federation of Mbaise Media Professionals (FMMP), who deployed teams to observe the conduct of the process in Amumara, Chokoneze/Akpodim/Ife, Eziudo, Ihitte, Itu, Oboama/Umunama, Okpofe/Ezeagbogu, Onicha I, Onicha II, Onicha III, Onicha IV and Udo-na-Obizi wards.
At Okpofe/Ezeagbogu Ward 3, APC faithful gathered at Community Primary School, Okpofe, where party officials supervised the primary election in what observers described as an orderly and peaceful atmosphere.
Addressing party members, Engr. Denis Onuoha commended APC faithful for their patience, discipline, and loyalty to the party, noting that returning officers had been carefully selected to ensure a credible process.
The APC State Returning Officer, Comrade Chibuike Osuagwu, reportedly arrived at the venue around noon and observed party members lined up for the exercise.
Observers at the ward said indications pointed to Agbasuonu emerging unopposed, as only a single line of supporters was reportedly seen at the venue and no campaign posters of other aspirants appeared in the field.
Following the counting process, Agbasuonu’s party agent, Hon. Nwamaghiro Tochukwu, confirmed that the primary election had been concluded successfully at Community Primary School, Okpofe, explaining that other aspirants had stepped down for the lawmaker.
Engr. Onuoha applauded party members for exhibiting what he described as strong party spirit and maturity throughout the process.
“The core aim of political party activities is to win elections and bring development to the grassroots, which APC stands for,” he stated before officials proceeded to the local government headquarters in Itu for result submission.
Party officials announced that a total of 1,305 votes were recorded during the exercise.
At the APC local government headquarters in Itu, journalists met Agbasuonu alongside the Local Government Chairman, Hon. Nwachukwu Chinedu, while results were still being collated.
When congratulated on reports from monitored wards indicating he had emerged victorious after being declared unopposed, Agbasuonu responded cautiously.
“Thank you very much, but I don’t know about that. As one of you said, where you visited I was winning, but I know they are still collating. I’m here at the local government headquarters to know what is happening as I’m not part of the exercise. So, I cannot say till I hear the final result,” he said.
The lawmaker disclosed that about four aspirants initially indicated interest in contesting the ticket, adding that some reportedly withdrew voluntarily.
“They are about four and some of them resigned voluntarily because of the quality representation I have been giving to my people, for peace, and for the strength of the party to grow. I hear that’s what they said,” he added.
Agbasuonu further pledged continuity if returned to the Imo State House of Assembly.
“But if peradventure I come back, I continue from where I stopped,” he assured.
However, in a statement issued by APC State Publicity Secretary, Onwuasoanya FCC Jones, the party described the primary elections across the state as peaceful, transparent, democratic, and highly competitive, saying the process reflected APC’s commitment to strengthening internal democracy and credible leadership.
The party also appreciated the leadership of Hope Uzodimma for sustaining unity and stability within APC throughout the electioneering process.
According to the statement, the successful candidates represent a blend of competence, experience, youthful energy, innovation, and legislative capacity required for effective representation.
The APC further commended all 108 aspirants who participated in the primary elections, encouraging unsuccessful contestants to remain committed to the party’s collective vision ahead of the 2027 general elections.
Among the candidates unveiled by the party, Agbasuonu was officially listed as APC standard bearer for Ezinihite Mbaise, alongside candidates across the remaining 26 constituencies in Imo State.
The party called on APC faithful and residents across Imo State to support the candidates, expressing confidence in their ability to deliver democratic dividends and quality representation to their constituencies ahead of the 2027 elections.

Comments
Post a Comment