Agbasuonu Speaks on APC Primary, Quality Representation and Political Unity in Ezinihite
Agbasuonu Speaks on APC Primary, Quality Representation and Political Unity in Ezinihite
By Rose Dijiugbor
***
Hon. Henry AbasuonuImo State House of Assembly member representing Ezinihite Mbaise State Constituency, Hon. Dr. Henry Agbasuonu, has attributed the growing support for his political ambition to what he described as quality representation, peace-building, and commitment to strengthening the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the constituency.
Agbasuonu made the remarks while speaking with members of the Federation of Mbaise Media Professionals (FMMP) at the Ezinihite Mbaise Local Government Headquarters in Itu during the collation of results from the party’s House of Assembly primary election across Ezinihite Mbaise.
The lawmaker, who was being congratulated following reports from wards indicating he was leading overwhelmingly and had emerged unopposed after other aspirants reportedly stepped down, declined to make premature declarations, insisting that the process must run its full course.
“Thank you very much, but I don’t know about that,” Agbasuonu said while responding to congratulations from Journalists.
“As one of you said, where you visited I was winning, but I know they are still collating. I’m here at the Local Government Headquarters to know what is happening as I’m not part of the exercise. So, I cannot say till I hear the final result,” he added.
His cautious response came amid reports from several wards monitored during the APC primary election suggesting that no visible opposition remained in the race after other aspirants reportedly withdrew.
Speaking further, Agbasuonu disclosed that about four aspirants initially contested for the party’s ticket but noted that some voluntarily stepped down, a development he linked to his legislative performance and efforts toward peace and party cohesion.
“They are about four and some of them resigned voluntarily because of the quality representation I have been giving to my people, for peace and for the strength of the party to grow. I hear that’s what they said,” he explained.
The lawmaker suggested that unity within the party and confidence in leadership remain crucial to APC’s chances in future elections, emphasizing the need to consolidate gains rather than deepen internal divisions.
Agbasuonu also gave indications of continuity in Governance and Constituency Service should he secure another mandate to represent Ezinihite Mbaise in the Imo State House of Assembly.
“But if peradventure I come back, I continue from where I stopped,” he said, signaling readiness to sustain projects, legislative interventions, and grassroots engagement.
His remarks came as APC members across Ezinihite Mbaise participated in the House of Assembly primary election conducted in the 12 wards of the local government area, with party stakeholders repeatedly emphasizing unity, discipline, and grassroots development.
Political observers said Agbasuonu’s comments reflected both confidence in his record and caution toward party procedure, as collation continued at the local government headquarters amid expectations surrounding the final outcome of the primary exercise.

Comments
Post a Comment